some nights i have trouble sleeping. when that happens, i just pretend i'm at work, and...voila! problem solved.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Obon Odori

Well...not a whole lot has happened since I last wrote...and I have absolutely no energy to write a long entry tonight, so...I won't. I'll just give you highlights in bullet-form.

-Bought Dodgeball on DVD...still funny in English, can't wait to watch it in Japanese.

-Tsurusaki turned into a cultural epicenter with a big dance for Oboun (one of the major holidays in Japan)...lots of people came into town...we went for about 20 minutes, ate some corndogs and left.



(Photo by T. Gustaveson)

-Found a new electronics store, with 3 floors of delicious, delicious electronic goods at low, low prices (except for the $1,000 rice-cookers...what could a rice-cooker possibly do that would make it worth $1,000?).

-Had a flat tire on my bike this morning and had to run to school with my backpack on..turned out it still works...I was just too dumb to figure out the foreign pump.

-Met some students at school...they're nice.

-Washing machine stopped working, 'cause water wasn't getting in...lived with it for at least 2 days, then fixed it this afternoon in about 16 seconds.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that about sums it up. Again, I apologize for the brevity, but...I'm spent.

-The Big S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home