some nights i have trouble sleeping. when that happens, i just pretend i'm at work, and...voila! problem solved.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Books, Bikes, and Bangkok

BOOKS
Well, it wasn't the most exciting of days...but it was nice. The students are preparing for the sports festival, so two of our classes were cancelled today. Consequently, I only had one class to teach...and about 7 hours of free time. So, what did I do? I studied a little and read a lot. Going in to work today, I'd read about 90 pages of Life of Pi, and by the time I left today I'd finished the remaining 230 pages. Good story...made me think a lot.

BIKES
What else did I do today? I found out that (even while gripping my hand-brake the majority of the time), I can coast nearly a half-mile from the front gate of my school...without pedalling a single rotation.

BANGKOK
In other news: Thailand (our tentative Christmas destination...to which we were planning on buying tickets tomorrow) has been overthrown by a military coup. So...looks like we'll be holding off a little while before we jump into that. In the mean time, any other ideas?

Anyhoo...feeling a lack of motivation and proper blog-fodder to go on tonight, so...I think I'll leave it at that. I'm also feeling a bit lethargic due to two separate, conspiring details:

1. I don't seem to be able to sleep well recently.
2. Tori made the most delicious fried rice tonight, and I just gorged myself.

Hope you all are having a good week...thanks to those who are writing emails. It's always nice to get some info from y'all. There seems to be a common misconception that we don't have time to read email...but trust me, we do...and it really helps with the homesickness.

G'night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I see you read The Life of Pi.... I started reading that when I was in Montana and never had the time to finish it. I also said I'd leave you a list of books, so here goes: I started this other book called The Lovley Bones by Alice Sebold. I was in a book store once and I saw The Time Travler's Wife and at the top it said "It's the next Lovley Bones". So that's why I think you would like it. Also, anything Harlan Coben (I'd stay away from anything with the name Myron Boltiar in the description). He's pretty good too. Anyway I'll leave it at that for now. Hope you find a new vacation spot!
-The Moose

1:24 AM

 
Blogger the fam said...

I suggest anything by Jolly Roger Bradford or Dr. Seuss (although his vocabulary is a bit more difficult the reading is fascinating)

1:07 AM

 
Blogger the fam said...

I just noticed you have had 46 visits to your profile. Next time use someone else's picture.

Dad

9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home