some nights i have trouble sleeping. when that happens, i just pretend i'm at work, and...voila! problem solved.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

No Catchy Title

Well...thanks to a surprise, last-minute entry from somebody named Neil...here's my weekly entry.

Honestly, nothing exciting has happened this week. We had mid-terms at school Wednesday-Friday, so I didn't teach much this week. I read two and a half books...and that's about as eventful as things got. Contrary to popular belief...being in another country doesn't mean endless excitement.

In good news, I weighed in last night at 71.9 Kg...just short of my 72 Kg sub-goal for June 1st. So...I think I might make it. I'm sure you're all giggling with excitement, right?

Also...in about 10 minutes, we're headed off to the train station to catch a 2 1/2-hour bus ride to Hita. There's some kind of festival going on tonight, and we somehow had connections with somebody who's connected to someone who knows a guy that got us a pretty cool vantage point for the whole thing. We'll be hanging out on a hotel balcony or something with a bunch of other foreigners, watching fireworks go BOOM and POP and FIZZLE over the river. We're pretty excited. (I guess I have to rescind my earlier statement about living in another country not meaning endless excitement...I guess it actually does. My mistake!)

We didn't have anything to take pictures of this week, so I'll just snap a quick one with my webcam. I made it sepia tone to add just a touch of class. You can thank me later.



By the way...that cute girl there in that photo...that's Neil.

More to come.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Neil. I was afraid we weren't going to hear from Shawn again for a long time. Can't wait to see pictures of the fireworks and your other interesting observations of the week.
love,
mom

1:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm sepia is a good color on you... it kind of reminds me of the brownies i ate today. they were tasty... but they weren't all that special.

2:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn. I saw you jump online quickly tonite, but you were off before I could say hi. So, I thought I'd catch up on your blog. Enjoyed it. Hope I'll get to see you guys when I come to Japan, but I know that's probably a remote chance. I'll be in Kawagoe from 6/16 - 6/23. Then, on Sat. 6/23 I'll be in Tokyo for the TIUA reunion. Then, Shimpei and I (maybe one more) are leaving Tokyo for Kyoto to meet up with Diana and Natalie. We'll be in Kyoto on the 24th and 25th, then leave on the 26 back to Tokyo. I don't know if you guys could meet us in Kyoto, but that would be cool, if you could. I wish I had more time to hang out in Japan - if I did, I'd come down and see you and go see Phil, but, alas, the three extra days in Kyoto/Tokyo were hard enough to pull off. Hope to hear from you soon or talk to you online. Tell Tori (aka Neil) hello for me.

Wayne

8:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Neil, post a comment. I need to know what is happening with Shawn this week. Or better yet, can somebody else please post a comment. Where is the support out there????????????

7:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn

I have sent a reply to Tori about her indiscriminate bombing statement. You may not want anything to do with me now, but I want you to know I love you and hope you dont feel the same way about America. If you do then let me know. I will leave you alone if that is what you want.

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home